Friday, August 3, 2012

11 Tools, Post #1

Welcome to my blog!  I am excited to have this little corner of the web where I can share my thoughts with all of you.  


I'll begin with a post regarding Tool #1 from the "11 Tools for the 21st Century Learner." I consider myself to be a rather tech-savvy person, or at least I love using technology, so setting up my blog was easy and intuitive. Plus, the instructions were nicely done and easy to understand! My avatar, however, gave me a bit of a run for my money! Voki is a great tool, and they have a nice selection of avatars from which to choose... just make sure you choose one that isn't only for the Voki Classroom users.  I tried that, and they wouldn't let me keep it, so I had to choose another.  After customizing my mini-me, I returned to Blogger, and discovered that the version I'm using on my Mac (since I don't yet have my PC) has a slightly different layout than what I was expecting, so I had to play around with the design menu to find the place to upload the code for a gadget.  Once I found it, success!  I'm now really excited about what other gadgets I will be able to upload to this site!!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment